Picture yourself as a judge for the National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC) Blue Pencil & Gold Screen (BP&GS) Awards! Judging is an honor and a benefit. First, you are considered an expert in your field when you are selected by the BP&GS Awards Committee to judge the works of your peers. Second, you benefit from your exposure to the tremendous talent, creativity and innovation of communicators across government. By volunteering, you learn from your peers while providing a vital service to NAGC. Judges are strongly encouraged to recruit a team of colleagues to judge assigned categories. Alternatively, independent judges will be paired with a second independent judge to select winners.
The judging process is as follows:
- Fill out the Judge Information Sheet
- Indicate whether you will recruit a team of your own or if you will act as an independent judge.
- BP&GS Committee selects judges and/or teams to judge each category.
- BP&GS Committee provides training to judges.
- NAGC Headquarters sends out E-mail and FedEx Materials to judges.
- Judges have about 4 weeks to review all material and judge each entry. Judging will take place in February-March.
- Judges complete the “List of Winners” form and send the results to NAGC Headquarters.
- NAGC headquarters notifies winners.
- Winners and judges will be honored at the 2018 Communications School in Ft. Myers, FL.
Categories are as follows:
- Annual Report
- Article: Print
- Article: Web
- Audio Communications
- Branding/Rebranding Campaign
- Conference Materials
- Educational Programs (less than $50,000)
- Educational Programs (more than $50,000)
- Electronic Publication
- Graphic Design
- Infographic (external)
- Infographic (internal)
- Internal Communications
- K-12 Educational Programs
- Logo/Theme Art
- Most Improved Publication
- Newsletter (external)
- Newsletter (internal)
- News Release
- Photographer’s Portfolio
- Promotional Campaigns (less than $100,000)
- Promotional Campaigns (more than $100,000)
- Public Affairs Program
- Public Service Announcement
- Shoestring Budget
- Social Media
- Soft/Hard Cover Book
- Special Event (external)
- Special Event (internal)
- Special Purpose Product
- Special Purpose Publication
- Technical or Statistical Report
- Website (new)
- Website (redesigned)
- Writer’s Portfolio
Complete descriptions of categories can be found in the 2018 Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Awards Call for Entries brochure (link to this).
If you have questions please contact Mehdi Stambouli, email@example.com.
Applications are due no later than January 19, 2018.