Thank you to all former, current, and prospective judges! Your invaluable efforts make the Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Awards the premier awards program it is, celebrating over 30 years of government communications excellence. Take a bow!
2017 Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Awards Judging
The application period to judge the 2017 BP&GS entries is closed. If you are interested in judging next year, please visit this page again in the fall or contact email@example.com.
Picture yourself as a judge for the National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC) Blue Pencil & Gold Screen (BP&GS) Awards! Judging is an honor and a benefit. First, you are considered an expert in your field when you are selected by the BP&GS Awards Committee to judge the works of your peers. Second, you benefit from your exposure to the tremendous talent, creativity and innovation of communicators across government. By volunteering, you learn from your peers while providing a vital service to NAGC. Judges are strongly encouraged to recruit a team of colleagues to judge assigned categories. Alternatively, independent judges will be paired with a second independent judge to select winners.
The judging process is as follows:
- Fill out the Judge Information Sheet.
- BP&GS Committee selects judges and/or teams to judge each category.
- BP&GS Committee provides training to judges.
- NAGC Headquarters sends out E-mail and FedEx Materials to judges.
- Judges have about 4 weeks to review all material and judge each entry, using the online judging forms. Judging will take place in February-March.
- Judges complete the “List of Winners” form and send the results to NAGC Headquarters.
- NAGC headquarters notifies winners.
- Winners and judges will be honored at the 2017 Communications School in St. Louis, MO.
If you have questions please contact Gina Reistrup, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete descriptions of categories can be found in the 2017 BP&GS Call for Entries Brochure.
Categories are as follows:
Educational Programs (less than $50,000)
Educational Programs (more than $50,000)
K-12 Educational Programs
Most Improved Publication
Promotional Campaigns (less than $100,000)
Promotional Campaigns (more than $100,000)
Public Affairs Program
Public Service Announcement
Soft/Hard Cover Book
Special Event (external)
Special Event (internal)
Special Purpose Product
Special Purpose Publication
Technical or Statistical Report