- The Advanced Learning Institute The Advanced Learning Institute (ALI) is a leading independent conference company providing unbiased forums for discussion of best practices and solutions for business and government. ALI conducts a multitude of training workshops focused on government communications. ALI provides NAGC members with a discounted $200 rate to its workshops, is a supporter of NAGC’s annual Communications School, and distributes information on NAGC to its attendees. NAGC has been a supporter of ALI for more than two years and continues to support the training opportunities that ALI provides to our members and the government communications profession. ALI upcoming workshop offerings are available on the NAGC calendar of events.
- Digital Government Institute For over 14 years, Digital Government Institute (DGI) has provided leading-edge, affordable, best in class Conferences, Training Seminars and Webinars focused on the most important topics facing the government IT management community — including Government Customer Service. All DGI Conferences are free for government professionals (including the popular annual Government Customer Service Conference each December). DGI is a trusted, proven partner – Government IT professionals continue to turn to DGI produced programs because they receive a worthwhile education experience. For more information, visit www.digitalgovernment.com.
- Federal Communications Network The Federal Communicators Network is open to all Federal communicators willing and able to promote good government and a high quality workforce committed to public service. There are no membership dues, and approximately 25% of NAGC members have joined the FCN. NAGC supports the quality work of the FCN, and the FCN endorses the NAGC Communications School, often distributing information about the NAGC Communications School, workshops, award programs and other activities to its members.
- FedInsider.com FedInsider brings you fortnightly the voices of those in the government community driving change. Hear about leaders from both government and industry who are managing government’s most challenging issues. Watch your inbox on the 1st and 15th every month.
- OhMyGov! OhMyGov publishes news, analysis, and rankings of government performance daily at OhMyGov.com, an Official Webby Honoree. The company also offers advanced media analysis tools, custom reports, social media training, and
media campaign planning to public affairs and communications professionals.
- New! Society for Technical CommunicatorsThe Society of Technical Communicators (STC) supports the discipline of technical communication, which is the transformation of complex information into usable content for products, processes and services. STC boasts 48 chapters, 12 special interest groups, and membership in 50 countries. Discussions revolve around technical editing, content life cycle, instructional design, and more. Through the NAGC-STC partnership, our members receive special pricing at select STC educational events. STC also offers a mentor program, various publications, educational opportunities, a job bank and a certification program for technical communicators.
- New! The Universal Accreditation Board The Universal Accreditation Board (UAB) is the diverse group of educators, military public affairs personnel and public relations professionals that oversees the Public Relations Society of America’s Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) program. UAB develops and implements policy, develops and maintains the Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations, reviews appeal cases, and grants accreditation. When NAGC joined UAB in 2017, the pathway to APR became available to our members. Learn more about earning your APR through NAGC here.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security. NAGC launched a partnership with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in April 2008, by co-sponsoring a Science of Communications Workshop for Risk & Crisis Communicators in Washington, DC. A second workshop is set for Oct. 27, 2008 in Honolulu. Find out about the upcoming Science of Communications Workshop here.
Partnering with NAGC
Representatives of government agencies, non-profit organizations and for-profit businesses interested in forming partnerships with NAGC should contact NAGC Executive Director Elizabeth B. Armstrong, MAM, CAE, at email@example.com or (703) 538-1787.