Location / Travel / Hotel
NAGC You in St. Louis!
St. Louis, known for the Arch, barbeque, blues music, the St. Louis Cardinals, and much, much more, the great city of St. Louis will wow Communications School attendees from June 13-15!
The “Gateway to the Best in Government Communications” school program will wow you with the variety of training topics, including social media, communications strategic planning, and plain language.
But what will you do after school? Missouri is known as the “show-me” state, so be prepared to be shown a great time! Our St. Louis Host Committee has been busy working on great ideas for our amazing government communications students:
- You’ll enjoy a unique musical welcome with a local jazz saxophone professional during the opening session of the school.
- Want to enjoy an exciting evening with colleagues? Are you a sports fan? Consider gathering on Tuesday, June 13, at 6pm for dinner at Cardinal Nation, across from the world-famous Busch Stadium, home of the champion St. Louis Cardinals. It is a half-mile walk (cabs are available, too!).
- If you want to go to the game at 7:15pm on June 13, (the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals will play the Milwaukee Brewers), plan now and buy tickets in advance. Tickets cost $50 to $80.
- In addition, one of our featured speakers at the School oversaw an important partnership and economic development project near the famous St. Louis Arch. We’ll also be encouraging a group gathering to take the ride to the top of the Arch the evening of Wednesday, June 14!
The Communications School is the only event of its kind that provides invaluable networking opportunities and practical educational sessions to help government communicators increase their skills. The coveted NAGC Government Communicator of the Year Award is presented during the Communications School and honors an individual who has brought forth government’s message with a high standard of professionalism and ethics.
Thanks to American Way magazine, the inflight publication produced for American Airlines, St. Louis is taking center stage. The magazine’s March 2017 edition features a 32-page special section highlighting the industries, organizations and quality of life initiatives that are transforming the region.
The room block is at the Drury Inn & Suites Convention Center. The rate, $125 per night (the US government per diem rate), is available until Monday, May 8 or until the block is filled. The rate includes a hot breakfast.
To book within the NAGC room block:
- Online reservations: Drury Inn & Suites Convention Center.
- Calling: 314-231-8100 & provide the group number, 2308790