GOOD COMMUNICATION … GOOD GOVERNMENT
CALL FOR ENTRIES
2018 Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Awards Competition
December 8, 2017
Early Submission Deadline
January 19, 2018
Be recognized! Enter your product(s) in the National Association of Government Communicators’ 2018 Blue Pencil & Gold Screen (BP&GS) Awards Competition. This annual international awards program recognizes superior government communication products and those who produce them.
- Media Relations
- Graphic Design
- Electronic Communications
- Social Media
- K-12 Educational Programs
One winner will be awarded Best in Show!
Entry fee discounts for early registration and for being and NAGC member!
2018 Communications School
2018 Communications School Will be held June 19-21, 2018 in Ft. Myers, Florida. NAGC is seeking folks to join the Program Committee to help develop program content. You do not have to be an NAGC member to participate in the Program committee. If interested, please contact Michelle Savoie, Savoie@nagconline.org.
Crisis communications planning has never been more important than it is today. The proliferation of social media has the ability to turn any event into an out-of-control news cycle in the blink of an eye. Social media may not be the culprit, but more often these days, groups use the tool to spark interest in an event, which may garner attention beyond their expectations. How well a community or agency plans for such unintended consequences distinguishes how they respond in the eyes of the world. Let’s look at two different scenarios and each community’s response and the aftermath.read more
You asked and we responded. A few months ago, I got an email from a member who thought it would be a good idea for NAGC to have a map so members could locate other members near them. I thought that was a great idea. Now you can check out to see if there are any...read more
What does membership in the National Association of Government Communicators get you?
- Monthly Webinar Wednesdays are free to members.
- The annual Communications School is the only event of its kind geared specifically to the needs of communicators working in federal, state, local, tribal and regional government.
- The Encore Webinar series, free to members, gives members who were unable to attend the school a chance to hear from a few of the highest rated break out speakers.
Member to Member:
- Our new map feature lets members locate other NAGC members near them.
Coming soon, an online networking feature so NAGC members can reach out to peers for advice or share experience from the trenches.
- The Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Awards recognizes the best in government communications.