Communicator of the Year
Each year, the National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC) Board of Directors present the prestigious Communicator of the Year Award to an exceptional public servant for their outstanding work in the field of government communications. With this initiative, NAGC aims to recognize professional excellence while inspiring and engaging current and future government communicators regarding best practices.
Nominations are now being accepted for industry leaders who have made significant contributions in various areas of government communications including, but not limited to, marketing, public relations, advertising, public affairs and promotions. An emphasis is placed on practitioner accomplishments within the 2019 calendar year. Please submit your nominations by Monday, February 24.
This elite award has been given to an accomplished group of professionals including:
• 2019 - Allison J. Fouché, Deputy Chief Communications Officer, Memphis Tennessee
• 2018 - Lieutenant Donnie Brzuka, Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Coast Guard Pacific Area
• 2017 - Chris Pointer, Director of Communications, Office of the Mayer, Louisville Kentucky
• 2016 - Bub Muir, Press Office Manager, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
• 2015 - Jessica Milcetich, Digital Media Strategist, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
• 2014 - Kerri Richardson, Director of Communications, Governor’s Office, Kentucky
This award will be presented as part of the 2020 Blue Pencil and Gold Screen Awards ceremony, held on May 20, 2020, at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, KY.
If you know someone who is great at informing citizens, managing media, and making sure the good work of government is communicated to the public, nominate them for the Communicator of the Year Award. The deadline for submissions is Monday, February 24 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Nominate Your Communicator of the Year!